Babies born to mothers who took
antidepressants early in their
pregnancy are approximately three
times more likely to develop autism.

 
   
What is Autism
Autism Spectrum Disorders
Signs of Autism
Developmental Benchmarks
Causes of Autism
Antidepressant Information
Autism Treatment
Autism Facts and Statistics
Autism Glossary
Autism Resources


Medical Terms Dictionary


Report Side Effects
to MedWatch


Report Side Effects
to Rxisk.org

AUTISM IN THE NEWS


Study Says New Autism Criteria Will Have Limited Impact

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A new autism study suggests that proposed changes to autism diagnosis criteria will affect 10 percent of children that have already been diagnosed with autism. The proposed changes to autism diagnosis, which were developed by a panel of experts appointed by the American Psychiatric Parents, are scheduled to be implemented in May 2013.

Parents around the country had cause for concern after previous research revealed that the proposed changes would affect 45 percent of children currently diagnosed with autism. The changes could leave certain kids ineligible for the care that they receive under the current autism diagnosis criteria. 

The study looked at 4,453 children that have been diagnosed with autism. They found that 91 percent of them would still be diagnosed under the proposed changes. Many out of the remaining 9 percent likely would still qualify with added input from their doctor. The study was published October 1 in the American Journal of Psychiatry.


Return to Autism News 2012

 


US News Best Law Firms 2014

Visit Our Other Drug Product Injury Websites For More Information

Actos Bladder Cancer
| Antidepressant Adverse Reactions | Antidepressant Birth Defects | Heart Birth Defects | Pharmaceutical Fraud


Servicios también disponibles en Español | Nous sommes fières d’offrir nos services en Français | 한국어로도 서비스를 제공해 드립니다.
Legal Advertisement 
|  This is Not a Medical Website  |  Site Disclaimers  Privacy Policy


*Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the Judiciary. AV® Preeminent™ is certification mark of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. An AV® rating reflects an attorney who has reached the heights of professional excellence. He or she has usually practiced law for many years, and is recognized for the highest levels of skill and integrity. Best Lawyers and The Best Lawyers in America are registered trademarks of Woodward/White, Inc., of Aiken, SC.

© Baum, Hedlund, Aristei & Goldman, PC  |
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

The cases represented on this site or our past performance, verdicts, settlements, testimonials or endorsements do not constitute
a guarantee, warranty, or prediction regarding the outcome of future cases.